Serving South Calgary for over 40 years!
A firmly established educational centre, Learning Experience commenced operations in 1977 with an enrolment of 17 students in a Preschool Program. In 1985, parents requested that we open our first Kindergarten and then, in 1998, we introduced a Junior Kindergarten Program. In 2018 a licensed Childcare was developed to compliment our Preschool and offer parents extended care for their cholren in a safe and familiar setting.
Learning Experience school is conveniently located just north of Spruce Meadows and is accessible to families in many of the new and growing neighborhoods in the SE and SW areas of Calgary as well as outlying communities such as De Winton and Priddis. Our enrollment has grown to approximately 300 students and this expansion has been attributable, almost exclusively, to recommendations from satisfied parents who have found that their children thoroughly enjoyed their time with us and did indeed have a head start when they continued their education at other schools. This leads us to believe that we are meeting a need in the Calgary Preschool community.
Learning Experience Vision & Approach
Our program is developed to encompass the five aspects of learning – SOCIAL, PHYSICAL, INTELLECTUAL, CREATIVE and EMOTIONAL development.
Learning Experience has created a well-equipped nurturing environment where children are encouraged to develop, to their potential, the skill sets required for a successful educational career & a real love of learning. This includes:
- Reading readiness skills
- Pre-mathematics skills
- A sense of self-discipline and social responsibility
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills including hand eye co-ordination, balance
Important Questions to Ask When selecting a Calgary Preschool program for your child
- What is the school’s philosophy and approach?
- What does a typical day look like in the classroom? Learning Experience programs provide a balance between play and structured activities thus nurturing a child’s full development and potential
- What are the staff’s qualifications and turnover rates? Learning Experience has a low rate of staff turnover & all teachers are certified as ECE Level 2 or 3.
- Ask what the classroom ratio is for children 3 yrs and older. The ratio is 1:12 as set out by the provincial government regulations. At Learning Experience we maintain a 1:10 teacher/student ratio in all of our classes.
- Are parents asked to volunteer regularly for Preschool? There is no requirement to volunteer as our programs are fully staffed by qualified and nurturing childcare professionals
- What is the school’s Child Guidance Policy? At Learning Experience the focus of Child Guidance is Redirection – punishment is never used.
- Always ask if policies are in place for children with serious food allergies. Learning Experience encourages a peanut free environment.
- Do parents receive regular information regarding the activities and themes being presented to the children? At Learning Experience parents receive a specific classroom calendar of events at the beginning of every month as well as a school newsletter monthly
- Are parents required to supply snack and/or pay extra fees for supplies and activities? At Learning Experience there are no additional school fees. Parents provide a small snack that is appropriate for their own child.
- Does the school provide classes during all regular weekdays with the exception of statutory holidays, Feb Teacher’s Convention and Christmas and Spring Break? Learning Experience students do not miss school days due to teacher meetings and Professional Development days other than The Feb Teacher’s Convention.
- Are opportunities presented for parents to be involved in their child’s school program? Learning Experience students participate in a December annual concert as well as Fathers’ Night and Mommy and Me Day which are important days at our school. (the exception is during the current Covid-19 pandemic)